Glimpse: Keeping Warm!

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Keeping Warm!

I suppose if it didn't look so silly, I'd likely be wearing my new winter parka inside right now! I'm sitting near a drafty window and feeling a bit chilly! The thing is, when I'm outside wearing my parka, I feel warm, even yesterday when the windchill was -31°C and we were out at our favourite winter festival - Festival du Voyageur!!

Canada Goose is a leader in the manufacturing of warm winter clothing. Their products are recognized around the world, and have been used on Arctic and Antarctic expeditions many times. All of their products are completely produced in Canada of quality materials and with care to assembly so the product will stand the test of time.

I've seen Canada Goose parkas around here and there this winter and admired how warm the people wearing the parkas looked. Now, when I'm wearing my own Trillium parka, I can definitely say that it's not just looking warm. I am warm! (well, except for my fingers, and that's because I need to find new mittens!)


Yesterday was one of the best tests for me yet. An outdoor festival, with performances inside (semi-heated) tents. The wind was strong and seemed to be always in our faces. Yet, the coyote fur on the hood of my parka blocked the wind. I usually have a problem with hoods hanging too far over into my face and blocking both the wind and my view. Not so with my Canada Goose parka - there's something in the edge of the hood trim similar to boning that you can mold to the shape you want, and it keeps the fur and hood in place, protecting your delicate face skin from the cold while still allowing you to see where you're going. This is one of my favourite features of the Canada Goose parka!

Other features I've appreciated include:

  • Many pockets - either with zipper or snap or velcro closure to keep items in. There's even an inside chest pocket suitable for a mobile phone or my wallet fit in there nicely yesterday too.
  • The cuffs on the sleeves are very long, and always keep my wrists covered, no matter which handgear I choose.
  • The hood is removable, as is the fur edging from the hood. Sometimes you need to be warm, but just don't want the hood. It's possible!
  • The parka is very light weight - I don't feel like I'm wearing a bison blanket to keep warm!
  • There are flaps in front of and behind the zipper - more wind protection.
  • The Trillium parka can be cinched in at the waist to provide a sleeker fit.
  • This parka is long enough to keep snow out (even with only waist-high snow pants) when playing in the snow with the kids, but short enough to still allow a full range of mobility.
  • The jacket feels comfortable inside as well, whether shopping or hopping to kids music yesterday! I never felt overheated, even though I was dressed for extreme temperatures!

Canada Goose has developed the Thermal Experience Index, a rating scale from 1 to 5. Each parka or jacket they produce is rated according to this scale, which allows you to choose the one you need based on your climate and usage.

There are many different styles and lengths of jackets and parkas to choose from. Something that really attracted me to the Canada Goose outerwear was the variety of colours available! My experience with jackets and coats has been that they're mostly only in black, gray and white, with a few neutral colours if you're lucky. I was thrilled to be able to consider fuchsia, purple, orange and yellow! :) I suppose anyone who knows me isn't surprised I chose purple, but still - how many orange winter parkas have you seen?! :)

Canada Goose products are available through authorized retailers. Check the website for details to find one near you. Beware - there are many counterfeits out there, and from what I've read, they just don't stand the test.

**Disclosure: The product mentioned above has been given free of charge from the company or PR firm in exchange for being featured on Glimpse. The opinions expressed in this post are those of Glimpse and have not been influenced in any other way. Please see the full Terms of use.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Affilliations

Sites we enjoy

Vote for us!

Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

Please rate us at The Mom Blogs

  © Template modified from Blogger template "Simple n' Sweet" by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP