Here's our situation: we have a gazillion photos (not much of an exaggeration!) of our kids, all digital. We've printed out some, framed them, I've done some scrapbooking, but really, I just don't have the time, or the space to set up an album making station, do a little bit, and the put it all away again before little fingers have helped!
MyMemories Suite is software you can purchase and download (or have shipped to you on CD and install), and it allows you to create scrapbook pages on your computer, using your collection of digital photos.
MyMemories Suite v3 software is a complete digital scrapbooking solution that provides a comprehensive powerful set of creative tools no other scrapbook software can offer. With its intuitive workspace and enhanced time-saving features, this application is perfect for a beginner to create a complete album in minutes, or to empower the design pro to build a scrapbook album masterpiece.
|This template is included in the software. I|
watermarked it later for use on the blog. I
also moved the elements around to better
suit the rectangle page I'd chosen.
My Memories Suite v3 contains over 1,500 digital papers, over 1,000 page elements, and over 30 album templates (including 10 new for v3). As well, additional papers and layouts are available for purchase on the site. There are also 109 FREE digital layouts available for download on the site right now. Album templates, scrapbooking kits and layouts are designed by many different designers, and are searchable by category (babies, weddings, holidays etc) as well as by designer.
I received a copy of the scrapbooking software to try out for myself. I have to admit, I haven't had a whole lot of time lately to play around with it yet, but here's what I've found so far:
- It's very easy to download and install, and the purchasing process is smooth.
- As soon as the program is up and running, you can get going right away - choosing a template and filling in pictures is easily done, and creating a whole page can happen in just a few minutes. Of course, if you like to change things around, add fancy features, there's lots to fiddle around with, and that adds to the time. But if you're a beginner like me, there is a certain satisfaction in being able to have a finished product ready to print and/or share within minutes.
- The more you play around with it, the more you discover. If you're keeping your scrapbook digital, you can include video and music. You can add WordArt text, embellishments such as buttons, ribbons and ric rac, shapes and imprints.
- Items on the page can be moved, some can be resized, depending on the layout (as far as I can see).
- Different page sizes and shapes are available, and designs are adjusted to fit, more or less, on the page size. From what I could see, though, square pages seem to always cut off the edges of the design, so elements have to be moved and/or resized in order to fit.
- New templates and layouts are easy to download and use (they install right in the template library so they're easy to find). Templates available include album pages, calendars, cards and more.
MyMemories Suite v3 is available for download from the website, or you can also order a CD. It's very reasonably priced at $39.97 USD - and when you use the discount code below, it's an even better deal!!
|Here, I customized a free downloaded|
template by adding text & removing some
Glimpse readers can use a special code to enjoy a $10 discount off the purchase of the My Memories Suite Scrapbook software and a $10 coupon for the MyMemories.com store - $20 value! Just enter the following code at checkout:
One lucky Glimpse reader will win a copy of MyMemories Suite v3 to help control the photo buildup!! To enter, please comment on your favorite digital paper pack or layout. Contest open to Canada and US and ends December 22, 2011. The winner will receive a promotional code, to enable a download of the software.
a Rafflecopter giveaway