Many of us in the Glimpse community are parents or grandparents, and have probably looked online for information or advice on parenting or related topics. When I poked around the new iVillage.ca website, I noticed features on:
- pregnancy and issues of interest to pregnant women
- hot topics related to parenting and children's health
- recipes and nutrition articles
- and much more!
"iVillage.ca will feature original content, alongside top features from iVillage.com and stories from popular Rogers Media brands such as Chatelaine, CityLine and sweetspot.ca. The community-driven site will also connect women to their much beloved iVillage.com discussion boards and feature new discussions for Canadian women about issues important to them. iVillage.ca is proud to bring a slate of A-list experts and contributors to the table for launch, including one of Babble’s top 10 Canadian mommy bloggers, Catherine Connors (Her Bad Mother) who will write an exclusive weekly column titled “Straight Up from Her Bad Mother”; Home Heist’s Cheryl Torrenueva who comes on board as the iVillage.ca home expert; and Lianne Phillipson-Webb, author of SproutRite, who will dish out weekly nutrition advice for the family.
iVillage.ca is all about passion and what better way to launch than with The iVillage Passion Project – an interactive program that invites Canadian women to share their passions for the best things in life; for things like family, fashion, fitness, celebrity, work and relationships. It’s also a chance to watch other women – including CityLine’s Tracy Moore and Sportsnet’s Martine Gaillard – talk about the things that matter most in a collection of over 50 vibrant original videos.
Watching videos also gives viewers a chance to WIN one of over 250 prizes – instantly – plus score daily entries into a grand-prize sweepstakes, where one lucky participant will pick up a trip for four to Universal Orlando® Resort. To collect bonus entries, users are invited to add their passions to the dynamic iVillage Passion Wall. Editorial about all-things-passion will live throughout the site during the months of May and June and is sponsored by Pantene Pro-V®, COVERGIRL NatureLuxe, Pampers and Olay Regenerist."Seriously, all you have to do is watch a video about someone's passion (the one I watched today was about someone who really likes music!), and you might win an instant prize (I didn't :( ). But YOU might be luckier than me - I'm not known to be the luckiest person around! I once won a marshmallow in junior high school! Very exciting -not! Anyway, you are also entered to win the grand prize - a 3 night trip for four to Universal Orlando Resort! The grand prize includes:
- Roundtrip airfare to Orlando, Florida
- Ground transfers to/from airport in Orlando
- Admission to both Universal Orlando theme parks
- Accommodations on-site at the Loews Royal Pacific Resort
Speaking of winning...
In conjunction with the launch of the iVillage Passion Project, Foxy Originals has designed a heart necklace. One lucky Glimpse reader will win a necklace ($30 value), in either silver or gold! To enter, please visit iVillage.ca and comment here on something you liked about the new website.
- Grab our button
- Subscribe to our blog/feed
- Follow our blog via Google Friend Connect (publicly)
- Follow us on Twitter & tweet about the contest (tweet ONCE PER DAY for extra entries and leave the link in your comment(s) please.
- Like Glimpse on our new Facebook page
- Blog about this giveaway and leave the link in your comment (5 entries)
- Vote for us on Picket Fence Blogs (vote ONCE PER DAY for extra entries)
- Vote for us on Top Mommy Blogs (vote ONCE PER DAY for extra entries)