Then I found out about organicKidz! This Canadian family-owned company was founded in 2008, with a desire "to provide children and parents with a toxin free, unbreakable alternative to plastic and glass bottles." Eureka! Just what I've been looking for! Daniel is 2 now, so long past the bottle stage, but #3 is on the way (yes, it's true!) and it's always handy to have a bottle or 2 on hand in case it's needed. organicKidz has earned several awards for their products, including the ptpamedia green product award for the thermal bottle, and the Disney iParenting Media and a Mom's Best award for other bottles.
organicKidz bottles are made from stainless steel, which has the following features:
- "Stainless steel is corrosion resistant and will not break down.
- It will not shatter, and expose your child to potentially dangerous shards.
- Stainless steel will not leach harmful chemicals when heated.
- Unlike aluminum, it does not need a liner to protect your children from potentially harmful elements.
- Stainless steel is easy to clean and does not require strong chemical cleaners.
- Stainless steel will not scratch, thereby preventing potentially harmful bacteria to hide in your child’s bottle."
The bottles are available in various colours and designs. The narrow-necked bottles are compatible with certain brands of bottle nipples and accessories while the wide-mouthed bottles are compatible with other brands. Depending on what you might already have in house, this is a very handy feature, as you can still keep using what your baby/child is used to. Another useful feature is that the lid can be used as a measuring cup for formula. The side of the bottle is marked with a scale so you can "read" from the inside or the outside how much is in the bottle.
organicKidz is offering Glimpse readers a 10% discount on purchases from their online shop. Use the code 'organic10' at checkout.