Then I discovered Nellie's All-Natural! This Canadian company has created cleaning products that are hypoallergenic and environmentally friendly. Nellie's makes laundry detergent and dishwasher detergent in 2 formats: powder and nuggets. The nuggets are wrapped in a casing that dissolves in water. Their aim is to reduce consumption – the formulas are super-concentrated, and dry (why ship water around?).
We were given a container of laundry soda and dish powder to try. Both come in a metal container (easily recyclable) with a very tight fitting lid - I have to struggle to get it off, so it's fairly kid-proof too, but just in case, I keep it in a locked cabinet anyway. We've been using Nellie's All-Natural for about a month now, and are very happy with the results. Clothes and dishes are clean, not artificially smelly, and there are no soap “stains” (some powder detergents I've tried haven't dissolved completely).
- contains no additives, fillers or phosphates
- dissolves quickly in hot or cold water
- rinses clear
- leaves no residue
- can be used to make a stain removing solution (instructions on the tin)
- is biodegradable
- is phosphate-free
- has no peculiar tastes or odours
Nellie's All-Natural also sells original and PVC-free dryer balls and an Oxygen Brightener (for stain removal), as well as a rinse agent for in the dishwasher. The laundry soda and dish powder are available in various sizes, including a bulk-size pail that will keep you going for a while! You can order from their online shop or find a retailer near you.
Nellie's All-Natural has graciously offered to give 2 lucky Glimpse readers each a container of laundry soda and automatic dish powder! Visit Nellie's All-Natural and comment telling us why you would like to try natural laundry soda or dish powder.
EXTRA ENTRIES - Please leave an additional comment for each extra entry.
- Grab our button
- Subscribe to our blog/feed
- Vote for us on TopMommyBlogs
- Follow our blog
- Follow us on Twitter
- Become a fan of GlimpseReviews on Facebook
- Blog about this giveaway and leave the link in your comment
- Tweet about the contest (tweet ONCE PER DAY for extra entries and leave the link in your comment(s) please.
**This giveaway is now closed**